2011/08/12

Review: A Dance with Dragons


A Dance with Dragons
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



For a very good review that says almost everything I'd want to say about this book if I were as good at reviewing as she is, see Kelly's review . I agree with everything she says, and double for some of the let downs. The plot is stretched far too thin to cover the approx 1000 pages. There's also the lesson that Martin isn't above playing using "He's dead!.....Or is he????" plot device that works once and then becomes a mark of cheesey writing.

So why still three stars? The physical world of ASOIAF is still the most detailed and rich of any epic, and getting lost there with less than stellar story telling isn't such an awful thing.



View all my reviews

No comments: