2010/07/11

Life Would Be Perfect if I Lived In That House by Meghan Daum

Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That HouseLife Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House by Meghan Daum

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Daum writes about her escapades as a home shopper and home buyer and why that hardly ever leads to her being a home owner. The premise is interesting - why do so many of us think that if we lived in the right abode, the rest of our life would fall into place? How do the influences of where our parents chose to live (and not live), along with all those perfect happy families from TVLand shape what where we think we will thrive? Unfortunately, Daum never goes much deeper than "I discovered I was I shopper, not a buyer" to explain why she moves dozens of times in less than ten years. She's a funny writer, but don't look to this book for anything beyond a few smiles.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: