2010/03/04

Nighrs In Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks

Nights in Rodanthe Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Over the years, I've had so many people recommend Nicholas Sparks books to me that I finally had to give it a go. If this book is any indication of what his others are like, I think I'll just keep waiting for the movies. That's what this book read like - a novelization of a screenplay. There's nothing that is demonstrated through dialog or actions - there's no depth. It's a fluffy, predictable tear jerker with the message that you need to live today because you don't know what tomorrow brings. Good message, but when the consequences are the same for everyone, where's the risk of ignoring them? This is extremely light reading, too light for me.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: