2011/07/16

Review: Before I Go to Sleep


Before I Go to SleepBefore I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Intriguing plot about an amnesiac who begins to recover memories that don't fit with her current reality. However, the author seems to have confused loss of memory with loss of intelligence, because Christine is just too accepting of her current situation and does little to improve it without others giving her a shove in the right direction. It's not just that she waits to long to ask the obvious questions, it's that she takes so little action to take responsibility for herself. As to the mystery of why her slowly regained memories don't fit, it's no mystery, it's stock characters doing exactly what you think they're going to do.



View all my reviews

No comments: