2010/10/18

Review: You


YouYou by Charles Benoit

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The first few pages in I thought I was going to hate this book. I didn't think that the story would support the second person POV, I thought that the main character wouldn't hold my interest, and I expected the supporting characters to be one dimensional because that's what usually happens in second person POV. I was wrong on all accounts. Fifteen year old Kyle has failed on so many of the levels that he others have set for him that he has almost failed himself. It is the "almost" that provides an opportunity for the intriquing new kid in school to open a window (literally and metaphorically) for Kyle to escape his downward spiral. To say any more would spoil a tremendously good dark story.



View all my reviews

No comments: